2017 Festival Manager Job Call
Deadline April 3rd
HOLD FAST Contemporary Arts Festival | Eastern Edge Gallery
525 HRS total
May 8 – June 30 2017
17.5 hrs/week x 8 weeks (140 hrs) – focus on sponsorship, fundraising
June 30 – Sept 8 2017
35 hrs/week x 11 weeks (385 hrs) – Main Festival planning/logistics and in kind sponsorship
$7,500 total stipend paid biweekly over the course of the contract + 10% commission on cash sponsorships to be paid at the conclusion of the contract.
May 8 2017 – September 8, 2017
Eastern Edge Gallery is hiring a Festival Manager who will be responsible for the implementation of HOLD FAST Contemporary Arts Festival, August 17-20 2017 in St. John’s, NL.
The ideal candidate for this position has an interest in contemporary visual art and experience working with nonprofits or similar organizations and fundraising. They are enthusiastic, have excellent communications skills and enjoy working with the public. They have experience organizing groups and are responsible, punctual and efficient.
If interested please send the following to Eastern Edge Gallery (email@example.com):
-Letter of interest
Questions? Don’t hesitate to ask.
Full details below.
The manager’s responsibilities include:
- Sponsorship coordination – procure festival sponsors as outlined by HOLD FAST fundraising goals
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination
- Organization of media and publicity
- Program design, production, and distribution
- Working with the City and Fire Department to secure event locations, licenses, and insurance
- Working with selected artists to source materials and installation logistics
- Working independently and collaboratively with the Director, Assistant Director, Festival planning committee, and members of the gallery
Skills and qualifications:
- knowledge of contemporary art
- fundraising and sponsorship skills
- administrative skills and experience
- experience working in a gallery, museum, artist-run centre, or non-profit cultural organization
- experience in event organization and planning
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- ability to represent the gallery in public: excellent speaking and writing skills
- experience with new media technologies
- solid working knowledge of various computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, web management and graphics (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign, WordPress)