Main Gallery Call for Submissions
OPEN CALL FOR MAIN GALLERY
Eastern Edge Gallery is nestled between an empty horizon and an epic landscape looking across the Atlantic ocean looking towards the rest of the world. As close to international atlantic art communities as we are to national, since 1984 EEG has bridged the Atlantic divide. Our island location is a haven for independent artistic activity; drawing artists who want to be challenged to create in an environment where pragmatic, uncompromising dedication to personal vision is celebrated. Committed to creative research, generation and presentation of contemporary art, we are witnessing what can happen at the intersection of rural and urban practices. As the provinces only artist run gallery we are a hub of community driven creation; the primary location to discover new emerging art; a place for artistic experimental presentation to engaged audiences.
We are delighted to accept proposals from artists, artist collectives, and curators across all media for our Main Gallery . We are interested in proposals for exhibition, performances and residency requests to take place in 2020 and onwards. We are dedicated to cultural diversity in our programming and encourage applications from contemporary artists and curators of diverse communities and backgrounds.
The annual submission deadline is 30th October.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Eastern Edge pays artist fees in accordance with the current CAR/FAC Fee Schedule under Category 1.
- We also offer an artist talk and/or workshop CARFAC fee (if applicable), a modest travel budget, and a return shipping budget of up to $350.
- We encourage selected artists and curators to apply for travel and project funding. If required, the gallery can assist with additional letters of support.
- We commission an essay/ written piece to accompany your project.
- Contact us throughout the year if you have any questions. From September 1- October 20, our Gallery staff are focused and ready to answer and assist you in your applications. If you have accessibility needs we will be adaptable to those requirements.
- You can find a gallery floor plan here.
- Our accessibility information can be found here.
Submissions must include, in the following order:
- An Exhibition proposal (max. 500 words)
- Artist statement outlining an overview of your practice/interests (max. 500 words per artist/curator)
- Current CV (max 2 pages per artist/curator)
- Images (10 max) including installation images and individual works, or link to video clips/audio files with accompanying descriptions)
- Outline of technical equipment and support needed.
Please note, video or audio applications may be submitted, however the above information must be clearly communicated and the video/audio must not exceed 10 minutes. Submissions that do not fit these requirements will not be considered for programming.
* All submissions must be sent as email attachments (no zip files), and must not exceed 25 MB. Please do not send additional documents. Please send images as JPGs and text files as PDFs.
Artists may apply to multiple opportunities available at Eastern Edge Gallery. Please title your applications appropriately for each submission.
Please send applications to email@example.com, and indicate “Main Gallery Submission” in your subject line.
Posted September 4, 2018