FARR Program 2021
Remote Residency Dates: 6 weeks between February – April, 2021 (flexible)
We are excited to announce the return of The FARR Program! This remote residency opportunity will be flexible and adaptive to each individual’s needs.
This opportunity is meant to support artists who are currently facing barriers within the creation and presentation of their artwork, in any form. While we encourage submissions from emerging artists and artists outside the St. John’s metro area, the program is not restricted to such individuals. EE staff will work with successful applicants to identify how we can best support your practice, and tailor this program to fit!
Eastern Edge is also committed to an equitable selection process, and to removing barriers that are faced by equity-seeking groups (including but not limited to income, race, religion, sexual and gender identity, neurodiversity, physical abilities, education, etc). We encourage (but do not require) anyone facing these barriers to self-identify as such in their application.
Three (3) artists will be selected for a 6-week remote residency between February – April 2021.
Each artist will participate in the following:
- One Artist Presentation
‘Presentations’ may vary depending on your needs: it could be an artist talk, a workshop, an interview, a studio tour, etc. We will work with you and discover what fits best. It’s important to note that you do not need to start a new project to apply – we are happy to support the continuation of a project.
- Community Conversation
The FARR Program artists will participate in a public, moderated discussion about your work. You will be encouraged to explore the current barriers to your practice, and share strategies that may have aided you. This is an open dialogue, and encourages community participation – it’s a relaxed chat about art!
Artists will be provided:
- $322 artist fee for the online presentation of their work & practice
- $322 artist fee to participate in the Community Conversation
- $500 stipend to offset material / labour costs
- Online dissemination of your project across Eastern Edge platforms (website, newsletter, social media)
- Logistical + professional development support from the EE Team
- CV / Resume or other document telling us who you are. Please include contact information and your pronouns. (Max 2 pages) *
- One page* proposal outlining your current project and how you would benefit from EE’s support. If you have an idea for a presentation – great! Otherwise, we can work on that part together.
- Up to 5 images of previous artwork or works-in-progress
*All submissions must be sent as email attachments (no zip files), and must not exceed 25 MB. Please send images as JPGs and text files as PDFs. You may also provide a video submission instead of written documents as .mp4s or links to Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
This program is open to all artists currently based in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Should there be any barriers to access, comments, or concerns, please email us at email@example.com so that we can help you proceed with your application.
Submissions will be reviewed and selected by the Eastern Edge Programming committee, made up of artists, arts workers, and community members from across Newfoundland and Labrador.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate “Eastern Edge FARR Programming 2021” in your subject line by the end of the day on February 5th, 2021.