Join the Eastern Edge Board of Directors
Eastern Edge is looking for dedicated and passionate community members to be voted into our Board of Directors during our Annual General Meeting on Saturday December 3rd, 2022!
Eastern Edge is seeking board members who:
- Have a passion for and experience within the arts community and/or is a practicing artist.
- Are interested in being involved in decision making and future planning for Eastern Edge.
- Are committed to supporting Eastern Edge’s mandate to foster queer and feminist art practices, solidify anti-racism at the centre of our work, strengthen Indigenous resistance to colonialism, and actively encourage emerging and established artists whose work speaks to diverse perspectives.
- Are committed to aid in developing and implementing HR policies and procedures that seek to support EE’s mandate.
- Are able to attend a monthly board meeting, and volunteer 5+ hours a month.
- Are able to sit on at least one of the following committees: Programming (Main Gallery + EE Studio Residencies), rOGUE Gallery, Human Resources, HOLD FAST Festival, Fundraising, Membership and Outreach
- Experience with or interest in contemporary visual art, artist-run culture, artist collectives, and non-profit organizations is considered an asset, but is not required.
Eastern Edge is committed to continuing to grow in ways that allow us to best support the diverse community of artists in our province and beyond, if you share these goals, we want you on our team!
If you are interested, please email a short bio and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know why you would like to join the EE Team. Deadline to submit expressions of interest: November 26th. New board members will be voted in at EE’s Annual Genera Meeting on December 3rd from 1-3pm. We hope to see you there!
Eastern Edge encourages applications from individuals of diverse communities and backgrounds, if you need any assistance or have questions please email email@example.com.
For more info on our Annual General Meeting, or to register to attend via Zoom, see here.