MAIN GALLERY call for submissions 2019
Open Call for MAIN GALLERY Submissions from artists, collaboratives and curators.
Holding fast to the North Atlantic horizon, Eastern Edge is uniquely positioned to bridge Canadian, Indigenous, and international art communities. We are a hub for community-driven contemporary art, a home for independent creative research, and a haven for underrepresented and marginalized voices. As Newfoundland & Labrador’s oldest artist-run gallery, we are committed to supporting emerging creative practices, challenging the status quo, and building engaged audiences.
Eastern Edge is accepting proposals for our Main Gallery from 2020 onwards. We welcome proposals for exhibitions and performances, in all media. We are dedicated to cultural diversity in our programming, and encourage applications from artists, art collectives, and curators of diverse communities and backgrounds.
This year’s submission deadline is Saturday, November 30th, 2019.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Eastern Edge pays artist fees in accordance with the current CARFAC Fee Schedule under Category 1. We also offer an artist talk and/or workshop CARFAC fee (if applicable), a modest travel stipend, and a return shipping budget of up to $350.
- We commission an essay/written piece to accompany your project.
- You can find a gallery floor plan here.
- Our accessibility information can be found here.
Submissions must include, in the following order:
- An exhibition proposal (max. 500 words)
- Artist statement outlining an overview of your practice/interests (max. 500 words per artist/curator)
- Current CV (max 2 pages per artist/curator)
- Images (10 max) including installation images and individual works, or link to video clips/audio files with accompanying descriptions (must not exceed 10 minutes)
- Outline of technical equipment and support needed.
Submissions that do not fit these requirements will not be considered for programming.
* All submissions must be sent as email attachments (no zip files), and must not exceed 25 MB. Please do not send additional documents. Please send images as JPGs and text files as PDFs.
Artists may apply to multiple opportunities available at Eastern Edge Gallery. Please title your applications appropriately for each submission.
Please send queries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate “Main Gallery Submission” in your subject line.