Eastern Edge is only artist-run centre dedicated to contemporary art practice across the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Our objective is exhibit contemporary Canadian and international art as well as encourage dedicated and rigorous artistic activity locally and within our North Atlantic context.
We are delighted to accept exhibition and curatorial proposals each year from artists, artist collectives, and curators across all media for our Main Gallery. We are dedicated to cultural diversity in our programming and encourage applications from contemporary artists and curators of diverse communities and backgrounds.
The annual submission deadline is 15 October.
Eastern Edge pays artist fees in accordance with the current CAR/FAC Fee Schedule under Category 1. We also offer an artist talk and/or workshop CARFAC fee (if applicable), a modest travel budget, and a return shipping budget of up to $350.
Submissions must include, in the following order:
- An Exhibition proposal (max. 500 words)
- Artist statement outlining an overview of your practice/interests (max. 500 words)
- Current CV (max 2 pages)
- Images (10 max) including installation images and individual works, or link to video clips/audio files with accompanying descriptions)
- Outline of technical equipment and support needed
* All submissions must be sent as email attachments (no zip files), and must not exceed 25 MB. Please do not send additional documents. Please send images as JPGs and text files as PDFs.
Please send applications to email@example.com, and indicate “Main Gallery Submission” in your subject line.
The rOGUE Gallery
The rOGUE Gallery is a 5 x 4 metre space within Eastern Edge dedicated to showcasing work by Eastern Edge members, with a special focus on local practices and works by artists with a connection to Newfoundland and Labrador. We accept applications for exhibitions, performances, concerts, events, screenings, lectures, interventions, curatorial projects/group shows, and other forms of creative expression.
The rOGUE Gallery offers an honorarium of $200 for each exhibition selected by the Committee. rOGUE Gallery shows and projects run for two weeks.
There are two application deadlines per year: November 30th and May 31st.
Submissions should include:
1. Your contact information
2. A brief proposal of your project
3. 5 images of current or past work that help contextualize your proposed project
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “rOGUE Gallery Submission” in your subject line.