Call for Pop-Ups: HOLD FAST 2023
Eastern Edge is seeking Programming & Pop-Up Proposals to be presented as part of the 2023 HOLD FAST Contemporary Arts Festival!
Priority Deadline: July 17
Festival Dates: August 23-26
We are accepting pop-up proposals from local artists, businesses, nonprofits, and collectives. Successful pop-ups are engaging to the public, interactive, well-planned, and realistic in scope. Hosting a pop-up is an excellent way to become a part of HOLD FAST, publicize your work, and help celebrate the vibrant creativity that makes our community special.
Pop-ups are unpaid. We encourage individual artists to resubmit already-existing work, apply for external funding, or use this as an opportunity to workshop projects in development. HOLD FAST can provide support with venues, advertising, and (in some cases) logistics. However, priority is given to applicants who can provide for most of their own needs!
Rolling submissions accepted until Sunday, August 6, 2023.Questions? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About HOLD FAST Festival
- Facilitating community engagement and meaningful exchange
- Increasing public arts literacy
- Creating opportunities for artists
- Critiquing and subverting structural oppressions & systems of power, with emphasis on:
- queer, feminist, and anti-racist perspectives
- Newfoundland & Labrador regional identity
- Indigenous resistance to colonialism
Please contact us by email with any questions: email@example.com