We currently have 4 open calls for submissions. Please click on the titles to access the pdf.
OPEN CALL FOR MAIN GALLERY, EASTERN EDGE
Eastern Edge Gallery is nestled between an empty horizon and a barren landscape looking across the Atlantic ocean. As close to international atlantic art communities as we are to national, since 1984 EEG has bridged the Atlantic divide. Our island location is a haven for independent artistic activity; drawing artists who want to be challenged to create in an environment where pragmatic, uncompromising dedication to personal vision is celebrated. Committed to creative research, generation and presentation of contemporary art, we are witnessing what can happen at the intersection of rural and urban practices. As the provinces only artist run gallery we are a hub of community driven creation; the primary location to discover new emerging art; a place for artistic experimental presentation to engaged audiences.
We are delighted to accept proposals from artists, artist collectives, and curators across all media for our Main Gallery. We are interested in proposals for exhibitions, performances and residency requests. We are dedicated to cultural diversity in our programming and encourage applications from contemporary artists and curators of diverse communities and backgrounds.
The annual submission deadline is 30th October.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Eastern Edge pays artist fees in accordance with the current CAR/FAC Fee Schedule under Category 1.
- We also offer an artist talk and/or workshop CARFAC fee (if applicable), a modest travel budget, and a return shipping budget of up to $350.
- We encourage selected artists and curators to apply for travel and project funding. If required, the gallery can assist with additional letters of support.
- We commission an essay/ written piece to accompany your show.
Submissions must include, in the following order:
- An Exhibition proposal (max. 500 words)
- Artist statement outlining an overview of your practice/interests (max. 500 words)
- Current CV (max 2 pages)
- Images (10 max) including installation images and individual works, or link to video clips/audio files with accompanying descriptions)
- Outline of technical equipment and support needed
Please note if this is a submission for a curated or collaborative show with two or more artists, please submit an Artist statement and CV for each artist and a curatorial statement. You may submit 5 images for each artist
* All submissions must be sent as email attachments (no zip files), and must not exceed 25 MB. Please do not send additional documents. Please send images as JPGs and text files as PDFs.
Artists may apply to multiple opportunities available at Eastern Edge Gallery. Please title your applications appropriately for each submission.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate “Main Gallery Submission” in your subject line.
The rOGUE Gallery
The rOGUE Gallery is a 5 x 4 metre space within Eastern Edge dedicated to showcasing work by Eastern Edge members, with a special focus on local practices and works by artists with a connection to Newfoundland and Labrador. We accept applications for exhibitions, performances, concerts, events, screenings, lectures, interventions, curatorial projects/group shows, and other forms of creative expression.
The rOGUE Gallery offers an honorarium of $200 for each exhibition selected by the Committee. rOGUE Gallery shows and projects run for two weeks.
There are two application deadlines per year: November 30th and May 31st.
Submissions should include:
1. Your contact information
2. A brief proposal of your project
3. 5 images of current or past work that help contextualize your proposed project
Please send applications to email@example.com and indicate “rOGUE Gallery Submission” in your subject line.