Join EE’s Board of Directors!
Eastern Edge is looking for dedicated and passionate community members to be voted onto our Board of Directors during our Annual General Meeting on Saturday, November 18th, 2023!
Eastern Edge is seeking board members who:
- Have a passion for and experience within the arts community and/or is a practicing artist.
- Are interested in being involved in decision-making and future planning for Eastern Edge.
- Are excited about participating in EE’s programs.
- Are committed to supporting Eastern Edge’s mandate to foster queer and feminist art practices, solidify anti-racism at the centre of our work, strengthen Indigenous resistance to colonialism, and actively encourage emerging and established artists whose work speaks to diverse perspectives.
- Are committed to aid in developing and implementing policies and procedures that seek to support EE’s mandate.
- Previous board and non-profit experience is considered an asset but is not required.
- This year we are also looking for a treasurer, no experience is needed, we will train you! (Click here for more information about the treasurer position.)
Board members are expected to:
- Attend monthly board meetings (roughly 1 hour a month).
- Volunteer 5 hours per month (assisting with events, installations, grant writing, etc.)
- Commit to serving a minimum 2-year term on the board (terms are renewable to a maximum of 6 years).
- Sit on at least one of the following committees: Main Gallery Programming, Residency Programming, rOGUE Gallery Programming, Human Resources, HOLD FAST Festival, Fundraising and Financial Planning.
- Board members will be provided access to a variety of free professional development opportunities annually, including First Aid, Cultural Diversity Training, and more.
Eastern Edge is committed to continuing to grow in ways that allow us to best support the diverse community of artists in our province and beyond, if you share these goals, we want you on our team!
If you are interested, please email a short bio and letter of interest to email@example.com, letting us know why you would like to join our team. The deadline to submit expressions of interest is November 13th. New board members will be voted in at EE’s Annual General Meeting on November 18th, 1-3 pm. We hope to see you there!
Eastern Edge encourages applications from individuals of diverse communities and backgrounds, if you need any assistance or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.