Residency Call for Submissions 2025/2026
Eastern Edge is seeking applications for Artists in Residence! We are very excited to announce the upcoming Residency Call for Submissions deadline: October 30, 2023.
Eastern Edge is accepting proposals for studio residencies for 2025/2026.
We are dedicated to cultural diversity in our programming, and encourage applications from artists, art collectives, and curators of diverse communities and backgrounds. We accept applications from local, provincial, national, and international artists for our studio residencies. We strive to support the needs of our successful applicants, please do make us aware of any flexibility or supports you need that are not covered here.
Deadline to submit: October 30, 2023, 11:59pm NDT (Newfoundland Daylight Time)
AVAILABLE RESIDENCY OPPORTUNITIES:
- January 31 – March 15, 2025
- March 28 – May 10, 2025
- May 23 – July 5, 2025
- July 18 – August 30, 2025
- September 12 – October 25, 2025
- November 7 – December 13, 2025
- March 28 – May 10, 2026
Please note: Residencies will last between 4-8 weeks, depending on the artist’s availability. Staff will assign programming slots to artists and will do their best to accommodate any specified availability.
What We Provide:
- 24 hr access to the open plan studio space for the duration of the residency.
- All resident artists are provided their own designated area. Please note up to three artists and a curator or writer may be working in the studio at any one time.
- An open working space where artists can engage with other visiting and local artists.
- Eastern Edge pays artist fees in accordance with the current CARFAC Fee Schedule under Category 1. Artists in residence will be paid a fee of $1,874.
- Artists in Residence will be offered the opportunity to give an artist talk or workshop for an additional fee of $335.
- We offer a modest travel and accommodations stipend of up to $600.
- We encourage selected artists and curators to apply for additional travel and project funding if necessary. If required, the gallery will be pleased to assist with letters of support.
Click here to read the full Call for Submissions, which includes instructions on the application process, details on eligibility, examples of past residencies, and a floor plan of the studio space.
Residency proposals will be reviewed by Eastern Edge’s Residency Programming Committee in January 2024. Please be advised that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Any questions regarding submissions that are not addressed in the Residency Call for Submissions webpage (linked above) should be directed to our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.